Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The things I have learned in this class

This class was nothing like I expected it to be. We learned many interesting things that I think will be useful to me as a teacher and have already been useful to me as a individual. The first thing that we learned about in this class that I have already been able to use is the presentation part of google documents. Unlike powerpoint you can open it from anywhere! There are many times if you use power point and you go to open it somewhere else the versions are different and it does not work. THis is something you do not have to worry about with presentation. Another thing that we did in this class that I felt like I could benefit from a lot is the spreadsheet. I have already bought a house but I used this spreadsheet to go in and just look at our monthly bills and to also see how much I would have to pay and when I would ahve to pay it in order to pay off my house by a certain time. Picasa was a great tool that I have not yet used at home but I am use that I will! I love taking pictures! I have beautiful children to take lots of wonderful pictures of and I am sure this program will come in handy! OH and lets dont forget google earth! That program is just amazing! WHen I looked at my moms house I could see every little detail! I could read her tag on her car that was sitting in the drive way! How cool is that? I could see me really using this program in the classroom to allow the students to have a virtual tour of something and we would never have to leave the classroom and we would save a lot of money! That is always good! I think that is the best thing about all the things we learned about in the classroom, all these cool things and none of them cost you any money at all. I think as a future teacher I will start to appreciate free things a lot more and each day I will always be thinking of ways to better teacher my students while keeping it cheap and I think that all the things that we have learned about in this class will help me to do so!! HAD FUN!!

1 comment: