Thursday, April 2, 2009

+/- of blogging (read Heathers)

After using blogger for a few months now I have seen that you are able to get ideas from others from everywhere! There are people every where that have blogs and you can access at any time! With doing this it is easy to learn about different things that are going on in people's life and how they think or feel about the subject. When I become a teacher and even right now while I am studying to become a teacher this will be a great opportunity for me to learn even more then what I would usually learn in a normal classroom. This gives me a chance to open my education to an endless world of opinions and different things for me to learn.

After reading over Heather Klein's blogs for the entire semester I realize that there are many things that we feel the same about. This could be an advantage because we might be able to help each other see even more clearly about something that we both feel strong about. Also as we continue through our classes here at south there will probably be some times that we need each other to encourage us and get advice about what the other person thinks. I think this is a great opportunity to do this.

Although there are many great things about blogging I also feel there could be a down side to blogging as well. I think that there may be some people out there who may use someone else's blog for purpose that may be very important but maybe the blog that he or she is following does not have very accurate information on it. I see this a being a real problem. There are many times that people will purposely do and say things to lead people in the wrong directions. So I think that people need to be very careful when using peoples blogs to get information. Instead it needs to be used just to see what people think about things not necessary to gather information.

Another thing that I could see being a down side to blogger is that many times there is a lot of personal information on it. On Heathers, and everyone elses in our class, we have things about ourselves. There are some crazy people in the world who may take this information and use it in a way that it was not meant for it to be used. THis is true for any kind of new programs on the internet where people are telling people about themselves. Blogs are fun but at the same time I believe that people need to be a little bit careful about what kind of information they are including in their blogs.

When using blogs in the classroom I think that it could be good thing. Heather and I both seem to agree that this is a great way to share with people what is going on in the classroom. This could also be a great resource for students in the classroom to have an opportunity to learn more about a subject that he or she is learning about in the classroom. This is so because the teacher could use the class blog to give students places to find more information about the subjects being covered in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment