Sunday, February 8, 2009

the Fischbowl

This blog is mainly about the fact that she believes that teachers should be required to know the technology of the day. I have to say that I agree with her to a certain extent. I think that all teachers should be require to go to the training, which I think most schools to do require it, in order to get trained to use the different types of things that require new technology. Many times the new technology will only make their job a little bit easier if the teacher knows how to use it correctly. But I also think that the teacher needs to make sure that he or she is not relying to much on technology. I think that sometimes students and teachers both rely too much on technology and stop doing things they should do themselves and therefore never know how to do them.

In her June post she talks about preparing students for life and as a human being. This again helps me to restate the fact that students should be taught how to do things on the computer but also the old fashion way as I like to think of it. I think in order for someone to be successful in the world today he or she must know how to use the technology of the world but also paper pencil way as well. Computers and what not to break and you have to have a back up plan. Therefore if teachers are only teaching the new way how will students get by if the technology fails, which does happen every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment