Sunday, March 8, 2009

iTunes University

Taking education and turning it into something that is already common and interesting to the students is very important. Students today are very familiar with technology and use it in their everyday life. Most students these days, no matter the age, have either an ipod or an iphone. They think by having these they are just cool and have what everyone else has. What they do not know is that they are holding the world at their hands.

Teachers have taken this bit of information and expand it. Now these students are able to get more then just game, songs, and text messages, they can get the whole lecture that they missed that day because they over slept. Teachers are able to put everything on itunes. They can put their lectures or just a quick video on how to do something. SO now the teachers have it on their but to make it better all the students have to do is pull out their iphone and pull up itunes and its there! Their life is made that much easier just like that.

Many universities are using this great tool to help better suit their students. Now the students are able to go over the lessons and really learn what is going on in the class anywhere and at anytime. I think this is a great step that universities are beginning to make in order to better suit the lives of busy college students.

I know for myself, as a student, this would be great. I am a full time student, mother, and employee. THerefore my life is always very busy and I have to take full advantage of every minute I have. Therefore I could begin reviewing what we went over in class at every red light on airport due to the fact that my lessons are online. I am also a shy person and do not like to ask someone to repeat their selves so I could use this to just have it repeated for me with no one having to ask anyone. If you would like to read a little bit more about it you can visit the same site I did by click here

No comments:

Post a Comment